Dance

I will refuse to dance...
to the pressure
to be or to do.
or to prove something.
In order to win someone's love.
Or acceptance.

I am not a slave to the opinions of others.




Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Daddy


Well today is my old mans birthday. (he's not old). So i thought in honor of my dad I'd try to say a few nice words! :)


My Daddy!
He raised me to serve the Lord
He was there when I accepted Christ as my savior
He baptized me.
He has supported me and stood by me in everything.
He has loved me unconditionally.
He has given me his temper! :)
He has shown me the right path to go down.
He has encouraged me when times get rough.
He has shown me what a TRUE man of God looks like.
He taught me to LOVE baseball
He taught me to look at life and embrace it.
He loved me, even when I messed up.
He shows grace.
He made me realize how important a sense of humor is.
He shows me how a man should love his wife and children
He has taught me what it is like to step out on faith and faith alone.



Those are just a few things my dad is to me. He is an amazing guy. He serves the Lord with his life. He taught me how to step out on complete faith and know that God will provide. I have seen him go through hardships and overcome them. I have gotten the chance to serve with him overseas and in the church we started. I have seen him put hours upon hours to serve others. He has been a rock in my life.


My senior year in High School, I caused an accident and knew that I had to make that phone call. Well in any normal situation I would have gone to mom and then she could be a buffer to dad, but I knew I had to go straight to him. So I called him up and the tone in his voice was of pure love. He wanted to make sure I was okay.....He showed grace and love in that situation........granted I did get a good talking to later, but his first reaction wasn't anger but love.


Freshman year in college I just finished my first semester and home for the Christmas break, and guess what? I made a giant F in algebra (daddy teaches Algebra) I knew I was in some serious trouble.... I was just waiting for the "talk" but instead you know what I got? I got a delicious steak meal with my daddy. Just he and I, and we got to talk about it, and came up with a decision for me to take it the upcoming summer where he could help me pass it. No lecture but pure grace.


I write all this because my dad has shown me amazing love and support over my 20 years of living. He has been a dad that i don't know what I'd do without. So daddy, thank you for all you do.



"Finish Strong"
"Start Strong"
"It feels like we're in another country"
"Come and listen to a story ‘bout a man name Jed, Poor Marylander, barely kept his family fed. Then one day he was shooting at some food, And up through the ground came a bubblin’ crude.

(Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.)

Well the first thing you know old Jed’s a millionaire.

Kinfolk said, “Jed, move away from there.”
"magic number"
"yeeappp"

No comments:

Post a Comment