Saturday, July 30, 2011
I have known since I was 5 years old,that I wanted to be a teacher. Nobody and nothing has ever changed my mind, but I am sick of negativity coming from teachers. It is one of the most heart breaking things I can read/listen to. So guess what? Since you are reading this, I'm gonna let you know what a teacher SHOULD be.
1) Teaching should never be a burden.
2) Teaching isn't a job you do because you get summers off.
3) Teaching is creating doctors/lawyers/firemen/ministers/teachers/etc.
4) If for some reason you don't enjoy where you teach.....LEAVE...you aren't helping the children out, if anything you are hurting them.
5) A teacher knows you will have great bosses and terrible ones........DEAL WITH IT. Teach the kids and do your job.
6) A teacher is a role model. She/he doesn't disobey rules just to make a point, if anything they show dignity and maturity.
7) A teacher doesn't complain about her/his students but encourage them and love their students (even the pain in the butts)
8) A teacher sees the best out of a student and helps them reach their full potential.
9) A teacher doesn't deliberately talk crap about where they work/who they work with/who they teach in public.
10) A teacher sees the new year as excitement and is READY to go back.
11) A teacher doesn't complain about having to work yet does it with a willing heart.
12) A teacher loves their students as if they were their own children.
To teach isn't a job you choose, but a job that chooses you. It makes me sad to see teachers who really don't love their job. They do it because they get summers off and because it's an "easy" job. If you are a teacher and unhappy with your job, then go find another one. There is no reason your students past, present, or future should suffer because of your bad attitude. You have been given the opportunity to love children, who might NEVER get loved, to teach children who want to learn, and to be a role model for children who desperately need one.
Now you can talk crap about the school system, your principal, your school board, your coworkers, but let me tell you something. All those things, yes they place rules and regulations on you, but your main job is those children that walk into your classroom everyday. YOU do the job to the best of your ability. Will there be stuff that isn't fair? YES. Will there be obstacles? YES........... GET OVER THEM! LOVE THOSE CHILDREN!!!
So with all that said, teachers please love your children. Teachers are the basic stepping stone for everything else. In America students have to go to school, so why not make the most out of it when they are there. It starts with us, the teachers, to step up and show the students that school isn't a waste of time. It's OUR job. the TEACHERS job.
No other country is like ours, where it is mandatory for school. We give it for free. We give it so that those children will have a better life, but if we sit there with bitter attitudes, hate for our jobs, and no drive to make those kids better, then we have FAILED! Don't fail, ACHIEVE! Show those kids you care.