Dance

I will refuse to dance...
to the pressure
to be or to do.
or to prove something.
In order to win someone's love.
Or acceptance.

I am not a slave to the opinions of others.




Saturday, December 31, 2011

20 Questions on 2011


1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?

-My trip to Peru. I got to serve Jesus in a beautiful country

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
-Losing my best friends and having to start from scratch on new friendships.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
-Meeting my education girls and some guys from small group and making lasting relationships.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
-Having to switch churches, because my old church disbanded and I had to find a new church home.

5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
- Fun, Challenging, Eye-opening

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
-can't answer this one.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).
-can't answer this one.

8. What were the best books you read this year?REFLECTION QUESTIONS FOR 2011
copyright 2011

- Well I don't read much BUT probably "Crazy Love", "Beyond Belief, the Josh Hamilton story", and "The Help"

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
-my family, my education girls, the smith's small group, and the morris' small group.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
-my mindset on the future, no need to worry about it. Just one day at a time. Everything will work out in God's time.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?

-I still have a pretty big walls built up but they are starting to fall slowly.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
-Trusting God in all I do and in all the crappy situations let him turn the bad into good.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
-Lost some weight and am in the process of growing out my hair.

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
-I found people who will be in my life for forever, not just temporary friendships but lasting ones.

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
-School: working hard to achieve good grades. Work: working with some awesome people who enjoy life.

16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
-At the beginning of the year I had a job that taught me that money isn't the main thing in life. It also taught me how to manage money. 200 dollars a month, you learn how to manage money.

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
-Facebook lol but recently pintrest.....OR......relationships that weren't ever going to work out.

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
-working in Peru and spending time with friends and serving in my church here at home and at school.

19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
-not my time but God's and don't trust people as far as you can throw them (and if you know me thats not far)

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you
-A year full of disappointments but full of huge growth and friendships. A year that helped me grow and see my future plans. A year where God took the nasty stuff I went to and turned it into good. A year that's written in the book and ready to be turned to the next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment