Dance

I will refuse to dance...
to the pressure
to be or to do.
or to prove something.
In order to win someone's love.
Or acceptance.

I am not a slave to the opinions of others.




Monday, April 18, 2011

I blame my parents



So you see, I'm single, and have been since high school. I haven't been "in a relationship" since then. Honestly, that's okay with me I know God has great plans for me and my Mr. Right, but last night it hit me! I know why I am single! It's because of my parents!!



I am a very girly girl. I think my room has every shade of pink in it, i love Mani's and Pedi's, I love make-up, and shopping. However; as much as I love that I think my parents have warped me. Here's how


First: I LOVE power tools. Daddy taught me how to use an nail gun, electric sander, all different kind of saws, and other things. I love doing that. I'm also never afraid to get dirty, if there is a job to be done, I'll get it done. I've roofed houses, sanded doors, fixed things that needed fixin. I am not afraid of a little dirt!

Second: My mom was never a fufu queen and loved/loves sports. Although I didn't play them very long, I LOVE sports. I love watching them. I was voted most spirited in High School.

Third: Baseball is in my blood, I know this goes with sports, but I find baseball as a basic necessity in life. When a game is on, my phone is usually blown up by guys, not because they like me but because we are talking baseball! lol. I personally find a date to the ballpark more romantic than a date to a fancy restaurant.

Fourth: I was not raised up to be all mushy gushy. I am a very straight forward girl, I am not mushy gushy by any means, and it takes a lot for me to. Neither of my parents are mushy gushy, so I in return am not.

Fifth: I was raised to be independent and not to rely on a man. I learned to do things myself. If a need a 2x4 cut, I'll go cut it. If the the toilet is broken I fix it. I know how to do most "man jobs". If the the lawn needs to be mowed, I can mow it. If daddy needs someone to help chop down a tree, I'm there. I get the job done, and don't rely on men to do it for me. That's how my parents raised me.



So since I'm not a normal girl, i blame my parents for me being single, it only makes sense right ;) Just so you know I'm totally kidding. I know I'm single because it's not my time yet, and I really don't blame my parents. I love them for raising me like they did, and I can't thank them enough. I was raised to fear the Lord, take care of myself, and eat, sleep, and breath baseball!! lol. :) Thanks Daddy and Momma for raising me right! I love yall!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this, and so true. You are taking care of yourself and serving God, living your life for Him. Therefore, you deserve someone VERY special. God has a great plan for those who choose to make healthy decisions, (those being you!) very well said, er, written.

    ReplyDelete