Dance

I will refuse to dance...
to the pressure
to be or to do.
or to prove something.
In order to win someone's love.
Or acceptance.

I am not a slave to the opinions of others.




Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Favorite Baseball Quotes


~ What does a mama bear on the pill have in common with the World Series? No cubs. ~Harry Caray

~ What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brusher her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third. ~Leo Durocher

~ A baseball park is the one place where a man's wife doesn't mind his getting excited over somebody else's curves. ~Brendan Francis

~ I'm convinced that every boy, in his heart, would rather steal second base than an automobile. ~Tom Clark

~ Baseball, to me, is still the national pastime because it is a summer game. I feel that almost all Americans are summer people, that summer is what they think of when they think of their childhood. I think it stirs up an incredible emotion within people. ~Steve Busby, in Washington Post, 8 July 1974

~ You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

~ What is both surprising and delightful is that spectators are allowed, and even expected, to join in the vocal part of the game.... There is no reason why the field should not try to put the batsman off his stroke at the critical moment by neatly timed disparagement's of his wife's fidelity and his mother's respectability. ~George Bernard Shaw

~ "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~ Humphrey Bogar

~ People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for Spring. ~Rogers Hornsby

~ A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings. ~Earl Wilson

~ Say this much for big league baseball - it is beyond question the greatest conversation piece ever invented in America. ~Bruce Catton

~ A Rangers fan, a Yankees fan & a Red Sox fan are climbing a mountain & arguing about who loves his team more. The Red Sox fan insists he is the most loyal. "This is for the Sox!", he yells, & jumps off the mountain. Not to be outdone, the Rangers fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells "This is for Texas!" & pushes the Yankee fan off the mountain.

~ Baseball is reassuring. It makes me feel as if the world is not going to blow up. ~Sharon Olds, This Sporting Life, 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment